Organization: Orbis International –Ethiopia (OIE)
Dead Line: 2016-04-28
Orbis International –Ethiopia (OIE) is supporting a project entitled Eliminating Blinding Trachoma in Gamo Gofa and segen Area People zones, Southern Ethiopia
The project has been implementing the WhO recommended SAFE strategy to address the trachoms burden of the project since 2006 in the project: and OIE would like to assess the magnitude of active and blinding trachoma in relation to individual and environmental risk factors and the community’s KAP on trachoma and blindness.
Therefore, orbis international Ethiopia is seeking consultancy service to conduct:
Trachoma impact survey in six districts (Kucha, zala, Uba Debretsehay, Oylda, Geze Goffa and Melekoza) of Gamo Gofa Zone
The consultant must:
- Be well versed in eye care and related community based research and surveys;
- Possess a minimum of second degree in ophthalmology, public health, monitoring and evaluation or related fields;
- Involving internationally acknowledged GTMP (Global Trachom Mapping Project) trainer in the survey team is advantageous;
- Be familiar in producing scientific study (bio-medical or social);
- Have renewed license and have Taxpayer Registration certificate to justify only 2% withholding tax deduction or willing to have 30% of the overall payment retained with orbis as withholding tax and ultimately paid to the appropriate government body.
Eligible consultants /firms are kindly requested to submit their technical and financial proposals for each woreda/ district in separate envelopes within 15 working days of this announcement to the address below.
- Interested applicants can collect the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) from Orbis international Ethiopia office or sending e-mail request to Woinshet.Haileysus@orbis.org.
- Winning consultant will be notified within one week of the closing date.
Orbis International –Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids and proposals
Orbis International –Ethiopia
P.O.Box 23508 code 1000,
Yeka Sub-city, Haile Gebreselassie Avenue, Rebecca Building, 3rd floor,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Tel . 251 11 662 0996/7, Fax: 251 11 662 0995