Organization: Industrial parks development corporation
Dead Line: 2017-03-08
Industrial parks development corporation
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Project: Competitiveness and Job Creation Project
Credit No. : IDA 54510-ET
Contract Title: Construction of Social Safeguard Projects at Kilinto
Project ID : P143302
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) (the Bank) in the form of a “credit” (hereinafter called “credit”) towards the cost of Competitiveness & Job Creation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Social Safeguard Projects at Kilinto in support of the Implementation of Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Social Development Measures for Project Affected Peoples (PAPs) of Bole-Lemi & Kilinto Industrial Parks Development Projects.
1. The Industrial parks Development Corporation now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Construction of Social Safeguard Projects at Kilinto.
2. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated April 2015 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
3. The Bid is open to all contractors with Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Works and Urban Development with Category GC-7 or BC-6 and above renewed for 2009 EFY. and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include:-
• Trading License renewed for 2009 EFY; and
• Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bidding date and VAT Registration Certificate.
• Registration as supplier in the list of the mandated public body, i.e. public Procurement and Property Agency (PPPAA) website, www.ppa.gov.et
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub-City, Comoros Street, opposite Kenya Embassy, Bishan Gari Building, 3rd Floor, Room No 307, Addis Ababa starting from 06 February 2017 during Working Days and Hours.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 500 (Five Hundred Birr). The method of payment will be in Cash or in Certified Payment Order (CPO).
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 08 March 2017 10:00 A.M. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address stipulated under ITB 25.1 on 10:30 A.M. 08 March 2017.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 135,000 (One Hundred Thirty Five Thousand Birr) from recognized and authorized Commercial Banks operating in Ethiopia.
8. The address referred to above is:
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite Kenya Embassy, Bishan Gari Building, 3rd Floor, Room No 307, Tel No 011-661- 87-50 Addis Ababa.